Getting Your Master of Education Online

Many of our prospective students wonder if getting a master’s of education is right for them. UC’s recognized programs combine the quality and high standards of its on-campus programs with the flexibility of online studies. Students use textbooks and follow a detailed syllabus providing a guide to each week’s studies, much like a traditional on-campus program.

Faculty, professional facilitators, and your cohort (if applicable) are able to provide support and guidance throughout the program. In fact, students often boast that they receive more support with UC’s Master of Education online than in on-campus programs. The UC brand of online learning is for working educators.

The UC program is also unique in that most students who begin the program complete it. UC actually carries one of the highest student retention rates for an online program at more than 95% each term. You’ll find that the value of UC’s Master of Education degree will prove itself long after you have completed the program.

call to action

Leave a Reply

2 + = six


  • Heidi Bivins says:

    I am currently teaching at a local college and am interested in an administrative position, but I need a master’s in education, psychology, or some other related field. I already have a doctor of chiropractic degree. What path should I take, which courses are needed, etc?

  • Thomas Furio says:

    Heidi, the University of Cincinnati offers a Master of Education degree in Educational Leadership that prepares students to earn their administrative license in the state of Ohio. We have reciprocity with many states so the program may help you meet the requirements in your state as well. In your particular situation, teaching at the college level, we would need to discuss your background and goals in greater detail to be able to give you’re a specific course of action. We would be happy to speak with you to assist you in determining the right educational path to help you to achieve your goal. Please contact one of our Enrollment Advisors at 800-226-0075.

  • Patricia says:

    I have a BS degree in Adult Education. I now teach Adult Ed at the local Jr. College. I really love math and I would like to be able to teach math classes either in public school (5th or 6th grade ) or here at the Jr college. How do I get started towards a Masters degree?

  • Kyle Wallace says:

    Hi Patricia, Our Curriculum and Instruction Math programs are all designed for the K-12 level, so they could be a good fit for your interest in teaching 5th or 6th grade; however, they would not fit your goal of teaching at the college level. The first thing I recommend you to do is contact your department of education to see what you need in order to earn your teaching license for that grade level. Our programs are not designed to meet licensure requirements. Please give me a call at 800-226-0075 so that we can discuss program information in further detail. Thanks!

  • AnnaBelle says:

    I currently have a bachelors degree in business. I am interested in getting my masters degree in early education. Does your masters program allow you to apply if you do not have a teaching degree?

  • Kyle Wallace says:

    Hi AnnaBelle – Having a teaching license and/or degree is not a requirement for our program; however, our program is not designed as a licensure program, so it will not assist you in getting your initial teaching license. Please call me at 800-226-0075 and I will be happy to discuss your options with you.

  • olyve says:

    Hi, I graduated as a teacher back home (Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education-Philippines) and I want to get my masteral degree. I live presently here in canada. So I’m planning to get it while working.What are your requirements? Please let me know if how can I enrol in your program. Thank you so much

  • Kyle Wallace says:

    Hi Olyve,

    We require that you have a bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA in order to be eligible for the program. If you do not have a 3.0, you can still apply, but you will need to take the GRE. If you have not already had your transcripts evaluated by WES, you will need to do so as well as take the TOEFL. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us at (800) 226-0075 and we will be happy to assist you!