Master of Education

A Fulfilling Path

A Master of Education online is a graduate degree designed for educators who would like to further their career, their school, and their community. Most states require a Master of Education to gain licensure to become a principal, administrator, or counselor, while some even require a Master’s degree to be a classroom teacher.

Master of Education degrees fall into several different categories: Curriculum & Instruction (including design, technology, and both subject-specific and age-specific concentrations), Higher Education, Counseling & Development (including special needs, psychology, and guidance), and Administration & Leadership. Each specialty enables professional educators to expand their knowledge and cultivate the skills which they bring to the program.

Earning a Master of Education requires dedication to the program, but more importantly, dedication to the field of education. MEd graduates help shape the education industry through advances in technology, curriculum, management, and leadership. The most successful programs offer small class sizes and expert faculty. Online programs are widely accepted in education because they allow educators to stay in their own classroom while obtaining the degree. This also affords the teachers the chance to immediately apply the knowledge and skills they receive from the program. The integration of a cohort helps online programs function just like on-campus programs.

But the bottom line is that a Master of Education helps educators to make advances in their school and the broader community.

Getting Your Master of Education Online

What to expect from an online program, and how UC helps you adjust to distance learning.

Read More

Why Choose UC’s Master of Education Online?

Learn what makes the University of Cincinnati a smart path for your Master of Education.

Read More

UC Master of Education Programs Overview

An exciting selection of programs are available to you as you pursue your online Master of Education.

Read More

Master’s Degree in Education Program Objectives

Does the vision of the University of Cincinnati align with your own personal development goals? Find out now.

Read More
call to action

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

4 × = sixteen


  • Lindsay Rees says:

    Do you have to have a bachelors in education to particiapte in this program? I have a BA in health.

  • Kyle Wallace says:

    Hi Lindsay – It is not required that you have a Bachelor degree in order to participate in the program; however, some programs do require teaching experience. One of our Enrollment Advisors will follow up with you to discuss your background as well as your goals to help you determine whether our program can help you achieve your goals. In the meantime, if you have any further questions please contact us at 800-226-0075.

  • Dave says:

    Hello – I am currently pursuing a Master’s degree in School Counseling at another University, but would like to know which Master of Education program track would I fall into at UC that is equivalent to the School Counseling degree program?

  • Kyle Wallace says:

    Hi Dave, At this time we do not offer distance learning program that is equivalent to a school counseling degree. Please keep your eyes open in the future, because we are always adding new programs to our distance learning roster. If there is anything more I can do to assist you, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 800-226-0075.

  • Omar Marin says:

    Do you have to be an American Citizen to enroll? I have tried to get information from differente universities in the US, but they required me having a zip code, which i do not have since I live outside the US.

  • Kyle Wallace says:

    Hi Omar,

    No, you do not need to be a U.S. citizen to enroll. Depending on where you earned your bachelor’s degree, there may be an additional step or two in the application process. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us at (800) 226-0075 and we will be happy to assist you!

  • Allison says:

    I am currently at another university and because of financial reasons considering on just receiving my RBA and then getting my Masters in Education. Can I do this through UC and if so what program would you recommend?

  • Hi Allison,

    Thank you for considering the University of Cincinnati’s distance learning program after completing your undergraduate degree. We offer a variety of paths that may support your future educational goals, and we would like the opportunity to speak with you to determine what would be a good fit for you. Our Enrollment Advisors can answer your questions in greater detail by giving them a call at 1-800-226-0075.

  • jared says:

    I have a bachelors in architecture, and am thinking about switching careers. What will it take for me to become a teacher? Can I obtain a masters in education without ever teaching?

  • Hi Jared,
    Thank you for question. The licensing bureau in the licensing state or country determines the required process for prospective students to teach at any level. We advise you to reach out to that agency regarding the specific requirements in your state. Please contact an Enrollment Advisor here at 1-800-226-0075 for more information.