The most current program tuition costs and fees are outlined here. Remember, you may qualify for federal financial aid and/or private student loans. Your Enrollment Advisor can help you learn more about these programs and assist you in the application process.

All students applying for the Master of Education program will pay an application fee of $65.

Curriculum & Instruction (General Studies, Gifted, STEM, Teacher Leader) and Special Education Students

  • Ohio residents will pay $724 per credit hour*
  • Non-Ohio residents will pay $739 per credit hour*

Curriculum & Instruction (Reading Specialist, TESOL)

  • Ohio residents will pay $729 per credit hour*
  • Non-Ohio residents will pay $739 per credit hour*

Educational Leadership Students

  • Ohio residents will pay $729 per credit hour*
  • Non-Ohio residents will pay $739 per credit hour*

*Tuition rates are based on the current tuition schedule. Tuition and fees are subject to change.

Ohio residents are eligible to receive a special professional development tuition assistance rate on graduate certificates. Please contact your enrollment advisor to find out more about our professional development tuition assistance rates.

Students are responsible for all costs associated with textbooks (estimated at $200 per quarter). Additionally, some programs require students to have access to or purchase a digital video recorder, webcam, and microphone headset. Your Enrollment Advisor will have more information.

For information pertaining to UC’s refund policy please Click Here.

call to action

Leave a Reply

− 1 = zero


  • Tara Long says:

    Are books included in the price of online tuition or is that a cost in addition to the online tuition price?

  • Jeannie Rosa says:

    Hi Tara – This is a common question we get. Books are a separate cost. We estimate that books cost about $200 per quarter. In preparation for ordering your books we will provide you with the ISBN number so you can shop around and find your books at the more cost effective price for you. If you have any further questions feel free to contact an Enrollment Advisor at 800-226-0075.

  • Raquel says:

    Does the diploma indicate “online” and what college/faculty is it conferred by? Thanks!

  • Hello Raquel, the degree will not indicate online on it. The degree is conferred by the College of Education.

  • Dan Delaney says:

    When is the application deadline?
    Can the program be completed in one year?

  • Hi Dan, Thanks for inquiring about the Master of Education program. The deadline and length of the program depends largely the semester and degree plan that you are seeking to obtain. Please feel free to contact us at 800-226-0075 assist you with your educational goals and answer any questions that have.

  • Chris says:

    I have a Masters in Arts in TESOL and have been teaching abroad for 10 years but wish to work towards state certification online until I return to the US. If I complete U of Cincinnati’s online Med TESOL, I know I would still have to take the Praxis exam, but what else would I need to do to be certified in Pennsylvania?

    Thank you!

  • Jodi says:

    How long does a Master’s in Educational Leadership take to complete?

  • Thank you for inquiring about our Master’s in Educational Leadership program. The program takes two years to complete, please give us a call at 800-226-0075 so we can discuss your options.

  • Thank you for inquiring about our Master’s in Education in Curriculum & Instruction TESOL Distant Learning Program. The program will equip you to take the Praxis II, however this program will not lead to obtaining a teaching certification. Please give us a call at 800-226-0075 so we can discuss your options.

  • Samantha says:

    Hi — I am interested in your online program. My husband is in the Marine Corps, and we are stationed in California. By chance are military members and spouses exempt from out of state tuition? Thank you!

  • Hi Samantha,

    Thank you for contacting us regarding the Master of Education Distance Learning Program. Military members and spouses are not exempt from out of state tuition but the good news is that you will only pay $15 more than our in-state students when choosing the distance learning option. However, the University of Cincinnati Department of Veteran Affairs Office is a valuable resource center for any available military benefits. For more information please call 1-800-226-0075 to speak with an Enrollment Advisor