Transformative Curriculum to Prepare Leaders in TESOL
Designed and lead by a dedicated faculty, the curriculum of the University of Cincinnati online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction TESOL program will help prepare you to become an expert in the field as well as a leader in your school and community. The engaging online learning environment creates a unique community in which you will benefit from robust discussions, applicable project work, and the support of peer groups.
In this rigorous on-campus program, you will have access to leading university resources while taking advantage of the flexibility and convenience only an online degree program can provide. Take a moment to review the layout of the program and then check out the course listings for descriptions to gain a greater understanding of class expectations.
Core Courses (15 total hours)
- 18 CI 7001: Educational Research for Master’s Students (3 credits)
- 18 CI 7002: Curriculum and Instruction: Theories and Trends (3 credits)
- 18 CI 7003: Teaching and Learning in Diverse Classrooms (3 credits)
- 18 CI 7004: The Role of Teachers in a Democratic Society (3 credits)
- 18 CI 7090: Master’s Project: Curriculum and Instruction (3 credits)
TESOL Concentration Courses (18 total hours)
- LSLS 7053: Foundations of First and Second Language Learning (3 credits)
- LSLS 7064: PreK-12 Methods of Teaching ESL I (3 credits)
- LSLS 7060: Applied Linguistics (3 credits)
- LSLS 7065: PreK-12 Methods of Teaching ESL II (3 credits)
- LSLS 7068: Sociolinguistics and Bilingual Education (3 credits)
- LSLS 7078L: Practicum in Teaching English as a Second Language (3 credits)