Teacher Leader Course Listings
The curriculum of the MEd program focused on developing the Teacher Leader, is a balanced approach to teaching and instruction and empowers you to coach and mentor your peers to improve classroom practice while making a positive impact on student learning.
The interactive online environment creates a unique learning community that works with your schedule. Your coursework will be complemented by engaging group discussions and hands-on project work enabling you to learn from the real-world experiences of your peers in the program and apply your newfound knowledge to your own classes. Familiarize yourself with the courses listed in this section that will help shape your ability to lead.
Core Courses (15 total hours)
- 18 CI 7001: Educational Research for Masters Students (3 credits)
- 18 CI 7002: Curriculum and Instruction: Theories and Trends (3 credits)
- 18 CI 7003: Teaching and Learning in Diverse Classrooms (3 credits)
- 18 CI 7004: The Role of Teachers in a Democratic Society (3 credits)
- 18 CI 7090: Master’s Project: Curriculum and Instruction (3 credits)
Teacher Leader Concentration Courses (12 total hours)
- CI 7060: Developing and Sustaining Professional Learning Communities for Teacher Leaders (3 credits)
- CI 7061: Coaching and Mentoring for Improved Results for Teacher Leaders (3 credits)
- CI 7062: Practicum Seminar for Teacher Leaders (3 credits)
- CI 7063: Recognizing, Assessing and Supporting Quality Instructional Practicum (3 credits)
Electives (3 total hours)
- Any online CI/SPED/EDST/ECE course (3 credits)